4-course Italian menu with cooking demo
- Catanese-style Caponata
- Local cold cuts and cheeses
- Cavatelli (homemade pasta) with tomato and basil
- Blancmange with almond milk
My cuisine is inspired by the typical recipes of Sicily, particularly those rooted in the rich Catanese tradition. The dishes I serve my guests are made with seasonal and locally-sourced ingredients found at the historic markets of Catania. I carefully select local cured meats and cheeses for appetizers.
I take pride in crafting fresh homemade pasta in traditional Sicilian styles: cavatelli, busiate, and macaroni, all dressed with a refreshing tomato and basil sauce. My signature dish is the Catanese-style Caponata. For dessert, I love treating my guests to almond milk blancmange, a delightful way to conclude our culinary journey together.
- Marilu and her husband were so welcoming, patient and friendly! We could not have had a better, more fun experience and the food was so delicious. This was a highlight on our Catania trip for sure, and I would recommend it to everyone visiting!
- If we could give you 10 stars we would. Marilu and her husband were amazing hosts. We felt very welcome in their home, the cooking class was interactive and friendly. We made 2 different pasta dishes and Tiramisu, everything was delicious. Thankyou very much , we will absolutely reccomend you to our family and friends in Canada 🇨🇦 and in England 🇬🇧 Thankyou
- Had the most wonderful time learning how to make traditional Sicilian dishes. Perfect mother/daughter excursion!
- This was one of the best experiences we’ve ever had on holiday. Marilu and her husband Vincenzo were such delightful hosts and very brave to allow us to cook in their beautiful home. The Pasta dishes were exceptional but the Tiramisu was the piste de resistance. If we could have given it 10 stars we would have
- This was an amazing experience, great fun and learned a lot about pasta making Tiramisu. Thank you Marilu .