4-course Italian menu with cooking demo
- Mixed bruschetta or pnzanella
- Pasta fresca
- Roast or liver of pig
- Cantucci toscani
In my home in Cortona, a picturesque village in Tuscany, we will prepare a true Tuscan menu.
A typical appetizer, a first course of traditional fresh pasta, a roast from my area, and to finish, Tuscan cantucci. One of the recipes will be explained in detail during a cooking demo within the experience. We will enjoy an aperitif and eat at my table, all accompanied by excellent Tuscan wines from the area.
- Such a highlight of our trip to Tuscany! My adult children and I enjoyed such a fun evening with Giada and her sister. They were like friends and gave us true Italian hospitality. We enjoyed many amazing meals on our trip but when I asked my daughter which restaurant had been her favorite she replied,”I loved Giada’s meal the best!” Giada let us try our hand at making the pasta noodles which added to the fun! Thank you Giada!
- Giada and her husband were absolutely wonderful and so welcoming. We had the best time learning to cook with fresh and delicious ingredients. They were instantly welcoming, greeting us with drinks and taking into consideration we had a pregnant person with us. She knew what she could eat and not eat and even provided her with a delicious pear juice to drink. They involved all 5 of us in the preparation of the cooking and we constantly laughed and learned so much about how Italians cook. We made 2 different kinds of focaccia, 3 different kinds of bruschetta, eggplant parmigiana (which was INCREDIBLE), cold cuts, lots of delicious wine and dessert wine. Also, the views from their house were so breathtaking, leaving each photo taken like a postcard. I feel like after this experience we made friends for life. Incredible people and incredible food!
- This was a wonderful experience. Giada made delicious traditional Tuscan courses in her lovely home. We really sharing the meal with her and her husband. They’re both so welcoming, and we were able to learn a lot from them about a lot of things. The dinner was interactive- we got to help make the pasta! But mostly we admired Giada’s work and learned a lot. I highly recommend this experience.
- A genuine Italian cooking experience! And a blast. My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time learning to make pastas. (We'd never made pasta before and with Giada's help, the food turned out delicious.) This was one of our favorite things to do while in Tuscany. We also enjoyed chatting and drinking with Giada and her husband who was on hand as a sous chef. Highly recommend!
- Giada hosted us in her lovely home near Cortona for a cooking class. She and her husband Jacopo greeted us warmly and made us feel instantly at home as we enjoyed cocktails and appetizers in their garden. Our family of four then enjoyed a hands-on lesson in making tiramisu. Giada’s love of cooking and her organized instructions made it easy to learn! Then we made two types of pasta. She worked closely with the kids to ensure they safely used the equipment and helped us all learn to create the dough, roll, fill and cut. Her encouragement and stories of the food and area made the time fly by. After we gathered around her dining table to eat our cooking, drink Chianti and chat. The food was delicious, but what made it truly special was the great hosts — Giada and Jacopo invited us into their home and shared their culture with us through their food, customs and traditions. Wonderful evening!