Local market tour, hands-on cooking class followed by lunch or dinner with the recipes prepared during the class.
- Polenta e Soppressa (Typical Veronese salami )
- Tagliatelle with tomato souce and confit cherry tomatoes
- Tiramisù (a chilled dessert made with coffee, lady fingers and mascarpone cheese)
Located in the heart of Verona, in a building of architectural value, this market offers a wide range of local and seasonal products: from meat to wine, from extra virgin olive oil to fruit and vegetables, and even gastronomy specialties. After our tour of the market, we'll enjoy a glass of wine and some snacks before heading to my kitchen, where I'll show you how to make traditional Veronese dishes such as polenta and fresh pasta, which are always present on our tables.
- Michela was very welcoming and skillful with us and our 2 teenagers. She made the whole experience immersive and taught us about Italian culture and foods. We had a memorable experience and enjoyed the setting in someone's kitchen. Really lovely.
- We took three classes with Michela – two in Verona in 2019 and another online during lockdown after we had returned home to Canada. The first class was a request to learn appetizers including caponata, pesto, a rolled eggplant and a rather marvelous almond cookie (torta sbrisolona). The second included polenta, gnocchi and zaletti. For the online class we learned how to make arancini. All three classes were highly enjoyable. Her instructions were clear both in person and online and the food was delicious. A number of the dishes have become both every day and entertainment staples. We’re looking forward to our next trip to Verona and another cooking class with Michela.
- My husband and I did a private cooking class with Michela. It was amazing! She was incredibly kind and welcoming, with a depth of knowledge and experience in cooking. The dishes she made with us were absolutely delicious, and she helped us understand how we can easily recreate them at home. We loved this class and thoroughly enjoyed our time talking with and learning from her. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone who wants to engage more with the genuine culture and food.
€189.00 per guest
€94.50 per child
MichelaCesarina from 2021Location: Verona Languages: English, French, Italian
Michela is from Verona, she has always lived in Verona, a city of art and love. Her apartment is a few steps from Piazza Brà, in the city center. The hills with its vineyards, Lake Garda with centuries-old olive trees and the Lessini mountains surround the monuments of a city with magical views. Her passion for cooking is a family legacy. Grandmother Laura and mother Bibi involved grandchildren and children in the preparation of long and short fresh pasta, lasagna, tortellini and tortelli, meat main courses with side dishes and desserts. "In the kitchen I try to convey the value of simplicity, but at the same time I am always ready to experiment with new dishes, mainly using the typical products of the Verona area."