We are in Saronno, a small town in the province of Varese, a few kilometers from Milan. Here, in her warm and welcoming home, we meet Flavia, queen of the kitchen.
Cesarina Flavia always admired, and observed, her grandmothers (one from Emilia and the other from Puglia) in the kitchen. As soon as she grew enough to reach the kitchen counter, she started! Her first memory is preparing béchamel when she was six. Later, she learned how to roll out pasta dough under their guidance.
Today, the kitchen really is Flavia’s reign, full of utensils, ingredients and imagination... everything necessary to prepare delicacies that hover between modern and traditional.
- Onion jam served with Grana Padano and Provolone della Val Padana (cheese) | Taleggio e pears | Milan salami and caramelized pears
- Pumpkin cream with robiola cheese
- 'Polenta e bruscitt' (typical dish of Lombardy made with polenta and stewed beef strips)
- 'Torta di San Biagio' (pie filled with chopped almonds and chocolate)
- Appetizers with gorgonzola and pears | Zucchini and taleggio (cheese) | 'Uova primavera' (stuffed eggs)
- 'Tortelli cremaschi' (fresh pasta filled with chocolate amaretti, spices, candied citron, sultana raisins and the typical 'mostaccino', typical spicy biscuit)
- Veal rump roast
- Spinach with sultanas and pine nuts
- Grain and pear mousse in the caramel room
Our hosts are regularly updated on the latest hygiene and social distancing protocols, for everyone’s safety and peace of mind.
Our team of Culinary Guides are there every step of the way to provide personal assistance and tailor your unforgettable experience.
Your safety is priceless. Our payment system provides the best transaction security guarantees. Furthermore, you can cancel your booking up to 24 hours before the start time with no charges