Maria Carla greets us in the breathtaking countryside of Lazio, near the gates of Rome. Her beautiful villa may be far from the chaos of the city centre, but just looking around this area you can still see reminders of the colourful history of Rome; something that our Cesarina knows very well, since her great passion (aside from cooking, of course) is Roman History.
“My dinners give you a real ‘guided tour’ experience”, says Maria Carla, “I always try to accompany the meal with explanations and anecdotes about the eating habits of the Ancient Romans, especially the most well-known ones”. Dining at Maria Carla’s plunges you head first into the Eternal City’s culture, and you’ll appreciate both the flavours and the story behind them.
- Eggs with olives (a classic starter in ancient Roman banquets)
- Libum con salsa Moretum (Catone's bread with ricotta plus sauce containing pecorino and ruta)
- Chickpea and leek pots
- Wine: Mulsum (wine simmered with honey)
- Haedina sive agnina (Roast lamb from Apicio's recipe)
- Siligeneus bread (home-made white bread cooked in a wood-fired stove)
- Side salad
- Wine: Falerno del Massico D.O.P.
- Cassata di Oplonti
- Wine: Vino Moscato d'Asti DOCG
- Eggs with olives
- Sala Cattabia (a type of “panzanella”, a quickly tossed together salad with ricotta and mint)
- Intingolo di Baiano (Seafood soup with dates)
- Wine: Ribolla Gialla
- Apicio meatballs
- Fennel, roquette and carrot salad
- Cibarius bread (barley bread to be dipped in barley water)
- Wine: Falerno del Massico bianco
- Cassata di Oplontis (ricotta, honey and fruit cake)
- Vino Moscato d'Asti DOC
Our hosts are regularly updated on the latest hygiene and social distancing protocols, for everyone’s safety and peace of mind.
Our team of Culinary Guides are there every step of the way to provide personal assistance and tailor your unforgettable experience.
Your safety is priceless. Our payment system provides the best transaction security guarantees. Furthermore, you can cancel your booking up to 24 hours before the start time with no charges