Maria invites us into her elegant villa in Corato, Puglia, a town in the province of Bari near the Murge plateau. It’s full of historic buildings and beautiful churches and is just ten miles from the coast, within easy reach of Castel del Monte, a famous UNESCO heritage site.
Maria has had a lifelong career as a chef in a famous local osteria. Now that she’s retired, she has time to dedicate herself to perfecting her favourite dishes, shaping her passion for cooking through a range of culinary activities. She loves organising buffets, banquets, and - of course - being a Cesarina!
- Orange, fennel and puntarelle salad, origano crostini breads
- Bite-sized wholegrain focaccia breads with canestrato cheese, fennel-infused olives and homemade ricotta
- Battered garden produce and fried lampascioni bulbs
- Chicory and cream of broad beans on a bed of finely sliced Altamura bread
- Toasted wheatflour Ferricelli pasta with cardoons, cardoncelli mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and Puglian canestrato cheese
- Slow-cooked lamb chops, cooked in a wood-fired oven
- Boiled cime di rape leaves
- Ricotta mouse with 'vin cotto' or with a coffee and sugar dusting
- Crudité of seasonal garden vegetables
- Fried courgette flowers
- Miniature aubergine pamigiana
- 'Tiella alla barese' with potatoes, rice and clams
- 'Frittura di Paranza', mixed fried seafood
- Courgettes 'alla poverella'
- Fried peppers with tomato and basil
Our hosts are regularly updated on the latest hygiene and social distancing protocols, for everyone’s safety and peace of mind.
Our team of Culinary Guides are there every step of the way to provide personal assistance and tailor your unforgettable experience.
Your safety is priceless. Our payment system provides the best transaction security guarantees. Furthermore, you can cancel your booking up to 24 hours before the start time with no charges