Virna welcomes us into her home in Castellina in Chianta, a small town that dates back to the Etruscan era, high in the Chianti hills. Virna’s typical Tuscan house sits harmoniously with the local flora and fauna. This beautiful setting, home to the famous Gallo Nero vineyards, our Cesarina dedicates her life to her two greatest passions: cooking and horses.
Virna loves spending her free time making fruit conserves, preserving vegetables in olive oil, plum tomato confit, caramellised figs and brandied cherries, as well as any other delicious treats from her partner’s garden.
- Toasted bread topped with chicken liver and spleen
- Pumpkin, sausage and gorgonzola lasagna
- Beef stew with artichokes
- Broccoli pie with a Parmigiano cheese sauce
- Chocolate and pear tart
- Toasted bread 'bruschetta' topped with tomato, cannellini beans and onion
- Home-made tagliatelle with zucchini pesto
- Chicken 'alla cacciatora' (in the 'hunter's way)
- Sautéed seasonal vegetables
- Bavarian cream with white, milk and dark chocolate
Our hosts are regularly updated on the latest hygiene and social distancing protocols, for everyone’s safety and peace of mind.
Our team of Culinary Guides are there every step of the way to provide personal assistance and tailor your unforgettable experience.
Your safety is priceless. Our payment system provides the best transaction security guarantees. Furthermore, you can cancel your booking up to 24 hours before the start time with no charges