Cooking lesson: learn how to cook Italian recipes with a local Cesarina
Our house nestled in the hills of Assisi is surrounded by a large olive grove and a well-stocked vegetable garden, which my husband Angelo manages and cares for with dedication and love.
Why is the title of this experience " What passes the Convent" ?
Simple, we are not going to the supermarket to buy produce that will be used in our cooking class.
With raffia baskets and knife we will take a leisurely walk and gather in our magnificent garden what nature gives us.
We will return home loaded with delicacies and turn them into delicious dishes, clearly seasoned with our strictly natural olive oil and finally we will sit at our table tasting our dishes washed down with a good local wine.
- We are so thankful to Sara and Angelo for welcoming us into their beautiful home and providing exceptional hospitality. We were taught how to make Torta al testo, Tagliatelle, and Tiramisu and then we got to feast on these wonderful dishes. What a great experience! The view from their home is spectacular as are the gardens and olive trees. This was absolutely the highlight of our Italy trip so far. We are blessed to have them as friends. If you are coming to Assissi you need to make a stop at Sara and Angelo's home. You will love every minute of it!
- This is a must-do when in the area of Assisi. Sara (and Angelo) welcomed us into their beautiful home and spent time teaching us hands-on to make cheese biscuits, gnocchi, and tiramisu. She even made gluten free accommodations. Then we were treated to a wonderful aperitif and local wine. Their property is breath-taking amongst the garden and olive trees. We truly had the best day and felt like part of the family. Please arrange an unforgettable class and experience with Sara. Time and money well spent.
- Our evening with Sara could not have been better. She and Angelo were gracious hosts, welcoming my husband and I into their beautiful home, patiently teaching me to make strangozzi, torta al testo and tiramisu. It was a fabulous experience and one of the highlights of our ten days in Italy. I highly recommend a class with her. It was an authentic, memorable experience. I only wish we lived closer!
- Sara and her husband Angelo were such wonderful hosts. They welcomed us into their beautiful home where they showed us their land and their olive grove. They spoiled us with great Italian hospitality. We learned how to make some of her signature dishes and we enjoyed dinner together with her and Angelo. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and we would highly recommend Sara as an excellent Cesarine host.
- Ottima accoglienza, il piacere di una spontanea accoglienza familiare, gustosi piatti della tradizione umbra, buonissimi gli strangozzi al tartufo, la faraona, la rocciata superba… grazie Sara per averci offerto tutto questo con simpatia e gentilezza ospitandoci nella tua casa immersa nel verde e nella pace della collina di Assisi