Follow your Cesarina in a local market tour, challenge yourself with a hands-on cooking class and enjoy an authentic Italian meal with the recipes prepared during the class
- Parmigiana ( traditional dishes with eggplants, tomatoes, mozzarella and basil)
- Orecchiette with turnip tops or scattarisciata is cooking class for apical handmade italian pasta and traditional recipe. Few ingredients: handmade pasta, turnip tops or fresh tomato.
- A tart with leccese quince, traditional pie of Salento. A tiramisu: traditional dessert with mascarpone, cream, chocolate and biscuits
One of the best ways to experience the true heart of Southern Italy is to visit the local markets. After gathering what we need, we'll start the cooking class at my place. We will begin with parmigiana (traditional dish with eggplants, tomatoes, mozzarella and basil). After that, orecchiette with turnip tops or scattarisciata, handmade pasta that can't be missed at our table. As dessert, either a tart with leccese quince, that is a traditional pie of Salento, or a tiramisù.
- Siamo stati ospiti dalla Signora Lidia a Otranto. Lidia e tutta la sua famiglia sono persone straordinarie. È stata una serata bellissima e ci siamo sentite a casa. Tutto quello che ci ha preparato era davvero buonissimo, fatto con tanta esperienza e amore. Abbiamo imparato tanto e consigliamo a tutti questa meravigliosa esperienza che porteremo nel cuore.
- I felt welcome, at ease and comfortable to visit Lidia's wonderful home and to meet her family. It was wonderful to see and be involved in making tiramisu and pasta. I have never done this before, so it was a completely new experience and Lidia was amazing with her instructions, guidance and support. Her family helped explain the cooking process, and the four courses were all amazing. I was blown away with the quality of the food and cooking. A really amazing experience that I will cherish.
- Was für ein Erlebnis! Wir sind sehr herzlich in der Familie aufgenommen worden und hatten ein hervorragendes vier Gänge Menü! Mama Lidia hat mit uns das Tiramisu und überbackene Muscheln, Dorade und Orecchiette Tomaten Sugo in ihrer Wohnung gemacht. Nach drei stunden kochen, haben wir herrlich im Garten gespeist. Eine absolut einzigartige Erfahrung in der Umgebung einer italienischen Mama zu kochen. Sehr empfehlenswert.
- We loved our cooking experience with Lidia. She was a warm and generous host and teacher, reminding me of my mother with her passion for food and cooking. The outdoor setting for lunch was delightful and it was great to meet her family. Giulio deserves special mention.
- We enjoyed a delicious meal with our Cesarina Lidia, Elio and Ramona last evening in their home. They were kind, generous and very hospitable. We started with an antipasto, including croquettes that we helped make. Lidia had us making Orecchiette and Maccheroni pasta. Elio had gone fishing earlier and we enjoyed grilled sea bass after our pasta. The finale was tiramisu, the best I have tasted, and limoncello! It was a wonderful evening.
Milena - August 2023
Michael - June 2023
Melanie - June 2023
Geraldo Ianno - April 2023
Barb Massie - November 2022
€189.00 per guest
(€94.50 per child)
You’ll receive the exact address after the booking
LidiaCesarina from 2020Location: Otranto Languages: Italian, English, French
Our Cesarina Lidia has always worked in the restaurant business and knows all the secrets of traditional Salento products and recipes. "My son Elio and I are a perfect team: I take care of the kitchen, while he is an expert in wines and ancient recipes. A mix of gastronomy and culture that we love to offer to friends, relatives and tourists from all over the world."