Follow your Cesarina in a local market tour, challenge yourself with a hands-on cooking class and enjoy an authentic Italian meal with the recipes prepared during the class
- Mature pecorino with spring onion
- Norma sicilian maccheroni
- Almond croccante
Explore and discover the historical fish market "la Pescheria" in Catania, living an unique local experience.
In this market we will have the opportunity to find the best fresh fish, caught directly from the local fishermen and sold the same day to guarantee a top notch quality. We will discover other local products and at the end of the visit cook together a typical Catania menu, preparing handmade pasta and using seasonal ingredients. My recipes have been handed down from generation to generation and tell the values of traditions and sicilian hospitality!
- Antonella is such a wonderful woman and cook! She welcomed me and my 12 year old son into her beautiful home in Catalina. She was very accommodating and thoughtful. She had an entire meal planned and smartly prepped some of the things that would take the longest (drying eggplant and frying it). We made busiati pasta and a long Sicilian macaroni pasta. We also made some amazing roasted red pepper/olive appetizer and a pecceriono onion appetizer (using olive oil from her brother’s trees!) The pasta we sauced two ways: a tomato sauce and a pesto (made with almonds, basil, cherry tomatoes, garlic, etc). Both were excellent. It was exchanging stories and learning about her culture.
- Had a private class with Antonella and she made us feel like part of the family. Exceptional food and learned a few tricks. Her house itself is like a museum.
- Antonella is a wonderful host! We enjoyed it very much learning to make pasta. The dinner with her family was Perfect and so nice! Grazie mille!
- Wonderful experience with a wonderful host! I learned so much going through the market and history of Catania on the way back to cook. Antonella graciously opened her home and taught me how to make hand-made pasta along with other traditional dishes. I would recommend this experience to everyone.