Hi from Patrizia!
Siena is a city famous for its art, the delicious food, and because its Palio is the most important in Italy. Many are its faces, and the city is unique.A few steps from Piazza del Campo we meet Patrizia. The family of our Cesarina has been from Siena for generations and her passion for cooking was born in her family. In the kitchen, she loves to use creativity and imagination, but always paying attention to the tradition of flavors and tastes of her land. At her table, guests can enjoy dishes with a strong and unmistakable taste, made with genuine products: legumes, vegetables, meats, extra virgin olive oils, ingredients that give life to the most typical recipes of Siena, admiring the Campanone of the Torre del Mangia.
- Savory cantucci with finocchiona mousse
- Pici with crumbs and pecorino cream
- Tagliata di Chianina with sauces
- We had the most wonderful time cooking with Patrizia and her son! She was so knowledgeable and welcoming! This was definitely one of the highlights of our trip, and I cannot wait to make some of the recipes at home!
- We had a wonderful time learning to make pasta and tiramisu with Patrizia and Laura as her translator. It was a very fun experience and Patrizia was a very friendly and patient teacher. We learnt lots of great tips and tricks and all the food we learnt to make was delicious! Would thoroughly recommend this experience if you are visiting Siena!
- This experience was our favorite part of vacationing in Italy. We got a real taste for the Italian culture in Patrizia’s amazing home. This was so rewarding and fun and delicious! I would recommend to anyone traveling near Siena.
- Our cooking class with Patricia was the highlight of my week in Siena! She opened her home to us and treated us as friends. Her translator, Laura, did a wonderful job. Patricia taught us to make several aparitifs, and we brought that knowledge home with us. A bonus was that many of the recipes she cooked in her air fryer. After we cooked, Patricia set a lovely table, and we enjoyed the benefit of our cooking class—dining! Such a lovely and personal experience in Siena! I highly recommend Patricia!
- It was a small group which was nice and even though I was the youngest there I didn't feel left out or like I didn't belong. The cooking class was amazing! Very fun and informative. Dinner was even better with great conversations and great food. I really enjoyed this experience and my Aunt who was along for the ride also had as much fun if not more.
Stephanie S - December 2023
David and Nikita - November 2023
John Hughes - November 2023
Kathy - November 2023
Mary - October 2023