Small group market tour, hands-on cooking class with 3 recipes followed by a 3-course menu with the recipes prepared during the class.
- Cold cuts and cheeses
- Handmade pasta with seasonal sauce
- Local traditional dessert
Explore Siena's oldest market, open since way back in 1900, where you will have the opportunity to discover and purchase the best selections of typical Sienese products. You'll find a wide variety of Chianti wines, from the simplest to the most prestigious labels, as well as a deli counter with authentic cured meats and sausages, pecorino cheeses of different types and ages. You will be able to watch hands-on demonstrations in a Tuscan bread workshop and freshly baked traditional Sienese pastries. You will also have the opportunity to choose from a wide selection of fresh produce, including meat at the butcher's counter and typical local legumes and vegetables. All of which will allow you to create authentic Sienese cuisine dishes that have been handed down for thousands of years.
- We had the most wonderful time cooking with Patrizia and her son! She was so knowledgeable and welcoming! This was definitely one of the highlights of our trip, and I cannot wait to make some of the recipes at home!
- We had a wonderful time learning to make pasta and tiramisu with Patrizia and Laura as her translator. It was a very fun experience and Patrizia was a very friendly and patient teacher. We learnt lots of great tips and tricks and all the food we learnt to make was delicious! Would thoroughly recommend this experience if you are visiting Siena!
- This experience was our favorite part of vacationing in Italy. We got a real taste for the Italian culture in Patrizia’s amazing home. This was so rewarding and fun and delicious! I would recommend to anyone traveling near Siena.
- It was a small group which was nice and even though I was the youngest there I didn't feel left out or like I didn't belong. The cooking class was amazing! Very fun and informative. Dinner was even better with great conversations and great food. I really enjoyed this experience and my Aunt who was along for the ride also had as much fun if not more.
- The host and her son(fill in interpreter) were very personable, kind and authentic. Patricia did a great job of making sure we were included at each step of the preparation. I liked that it was in her Italian kitchen. It was fun, interactive and a little bit of real work. She made our efforts look good and taste great, it was a check list item. I think having her son there was a great bonus!
Stephanie S - December 2023
David and Nikita - November 2023
John Hughes - November 2023
Mary - October 2023
Kim - October 2023
€189.00 per guest
(€94.50 per child)
You’ll receive the exact address after the booking
PatriziaCesarina from 2019Location: Siena Languages: Italian, English, Spanish
Siena is a city famous for its art, the delicious food, and because its Palio is the most important in Italy. Many are its faces, and the city is unique. A few steps from Piazza del Campo we meet Patrizia. The family of our Cesarina has been from Siena for generations and her passion for cooking was born in her family. In the kitchen, she loves to use creativity and imagination, but always paying attention to the tradition of flavors and tastes of her land. At her table, guests can enjoy dishes with a strong and unmistakable taste, made with genuine products: legumes, vegetables, meats, extra virgin olive oils, ingredients that give life to the most typical recipes of Siena, admiring the Campanone of the Torre del Mangia.