Local market tour, hands-on cooking class followed by lunch or dinner with the recipes prepared during the class.
- Tiramisù (a chilled dessert made with coffee, lady fingers and mascarpone cheese)
Learn to shop and cook like a true Italian with this custom home cooking class based on the ingredients you choose at the market with your local host and instructor.
Stroll through La Spezia’s market and choose up ingredients that catch your eye, then head back to your host’s home kitchen for a hands-on lesson to create dishes featuring the fresh, seasonal specialties you’ve selected.
- It was such an amazing experience to be in a real Italian family's kitchen and learn how to make delicious pasta dishes and tiramisu. We also learned a little bit of the Italian language as well. I would love to do it again. The hosts Paola and Massimo were incredibly friendly and welcoming. Highly recommended to anyone who is looking for a unique experience.
- What a wonderful morning we had. We made ravioli, tagliatelle and tiramisu with Paola, and then ate it for lunch with the family. It was a lot of fun. Paola, Massimo and their son Tomasso were very welcoming and made us feel very comfortable in their home. Paola then cooked the food we made, and her touch transformed it into a delicious meal. I would highly recommend this experience with a genuine and lovely Italian family!
- Paola and Massimo were so lovely, generous, and welcoming! We had an amazing time learning from Paola and hearing about the beautiful places in La Spezia. The food and drinks were flavourful and delicious! We would highly HIGHLY recommend booking a class with Paola if you want to add some smiles, laughter, and authenticity to your trip!
- We had a fabulous day with Paola and her gracious family. 10 stars!! The class, the food, the view, the caring hosts all combined to make this a highlight of our trip. They went out of their way to make sure each of us had an opportunity to work with the ingredients, to try all the techniques, to answer our questions! We were welcomed into their home and treated like family. They even went so far as to drive us home after we had a difficult taxi experience. The meal was incredible. We highly recommend Chef Paola
- Wow! This experience was the highlight of our trip in North Italy. Paola is lovely and so kind. Her family is welcoming and makes the experience even more amazing. We had so much fun making pasta and learning the craft. The best part was sitting down with her whole family for the meal. We highly recommend this type of class for a one of a kind experience.
€189.00 per guest
€94.50 per child
PaolaCesarina from 2018Location: La Spezia Languages: Italian and English
San Venerio, a small village in the hills of La Spezia that borders the gulf and the islands of the Tuscan archipelago, is located in a splendid position for both climate and view. In this corner of paradise, we can enjoy the delicacies that Cesarina Paola has prepared with a typically Ligurian flavor. Ligurian cuisine has an ancient tradition that reflects the unique characteristics of the geographical area. Being close to both the sea and the mountains has created a combination of land and sea dishes. This is what we will find seated around Paola's table: a very varied gastronomic repertoire, where not only the origins of the ingredients vary, but also the tradition from which the dishes derive.