Cooking lesson: learn how to cook Italian recipes with a local Cesarina
The food our grandparents ate was a little less refined than the one we can eat today, but also more genuine and fresh. The ingredients came from the vegetable garden and the hen house, from the woods and the fields of the village. To taste them, let's prepare together three traditional Tuscan recipes, a bit rustic, but with the flavor of memory:
- - bruschetta and Tuscan croutons
- - wholemeal macaroni (with flour from the local mill)
- - la morsellata (codfish remade with onions)
- - bread cake (recycling dish)
Even the aperitif and liqueurs at the end of the meal have the taste of the past, and I prepare them with herbs and fruit from my garden.
On request the dishes can be vegetarian.
Cesarine - Special cooking class in Lucca: flavors of the past
- Tamara was our host and she was delightful. We made several easy, common Italian appetizers and then shared a lovely meal on her patio. She had also prepared ahead of time homemade chianti and limoncello. She didn't speak English so we used Google translator and it was very easy. Tamara is patient, knowledgeable and gracious to open her home to us. We would do it again! It was a great way to wind down our Italian vacation! Ciao and Grazie!!
- Tamara was amazing! She offered to pick us up from the train station and drop us off and was very flexible on timing. We made ravioli, macaroni, and the best tiramisu. She also served us home made limoncello which was incredible, an appetizer (delicious) and espresso. She doesn't speak English but it wasn't an issue with Google translate. I highly recommend her class! Beautiful outdoor patio to eat at as well.
- We had a great time with Tamara! She was very patient, easy to get along with, and very good at teaching how to make pasta. I don’t think I could eat the pre-made pasta ever again. We made ravioli, macaroni (the real deal), and tiramisu. Her recipes and technique were easy to understand, and the results were superb! I was so happy to learn how to make tiramisu as well because it’s one of my favorites. Next time we come back to Lucca, we will make sure to take another class with her. She was a great host, very welcoming, and easy to learn from. Lots of insight and fun! Highly recommend!
- Tout était fabuleux. Tamara est une hôte plus qu'accueillante, on se sent comme à la maison ! Elle explique très bien les étapes et le cours est super divertissant. Nous nous sommes régalés et avons passé un très bon moment. Nous avons hâte de refaire les recettes a la maison. On recommande chaleureusement l'expérience.
Dana Box - July 2023
Wonderful cooking class! - July 2023
Renato - June 2023
Paul Jobsis - June 2023
Benjamin - May 2023
€129.00 per guest
(€64.50 per child)
You’ll receive the exact address after the booking
TamaraCesarina from 2021Location: Massarosa Languages: Italian, French, English
"My mother never had a passion for cooking and then I went to spy on the grandmothers and aunts. My home has always been a meeting place for family and friends for dinners. I always like to change menus with an eye to genuine food. I like to make bread and pasta at home on weekends, I go to buy flour at the mill, oil at the mill, fruits and vegetables from farmers. I live near the countryside, where there are still small producers and ancient crops."