Special Italian Menu with Cooking Demo: starter, pasta, main with side dish and dessert.
- Cheese Recco focaccia
- Meat ravioli pasta with Genoese tuccu sauce
- Genoese overcooked meat with roasted potatoes
- Cake with lemon cream and pinoli
I will welcome guests to the dining room with a welcome aperitif accompanied by cuculli (fluffy pancakes) and panissa (chickpea flour pancakes). After the aperitif, there will be a demonstration for the preparation of Recco-type cheese focaccia: how the dough is made, the use of prescinseua (typical Genoese cheese), and baking.
This will be followed by the first course with homemade ravioli made with meat, as a recipe handed down from my great-grandmother, and topped with typical Genoese tuccu. The second course is also an old Genoese specialty: stracotto, accompanied by delicious roasted potatoes flavored with herbs. We end the menu with a cake made of shortbread and lemon cream garnished with pine nuts, all washed down with typical local wine.
- Ce fut une expérience merveilleuse ! J'ai beaucoup appris et j'ai passé un très bon moment, je recommande totalement !
- It was an amazing experience to prepare and eat traditional Genova dishes with Andrea and his family. We visited the local markets nearby to shop for the best local ingredients and then spent the evening preparing a 5-course meal. The taste and the stories will last a lifetime!
- Andrea and his family were incredibly kind and welcoming of my mother and I. We learned how to make a stuffed pasta, a pesto pasta, and tiramisu. It was an incredible experience and we’re very thankful to have met them.
- Andrea was very informative and his cooking instructions were easy to follow. The cooking process was fun and the food was delicious! I highly recommend!
€85.00 per guest
€42.50 per child
AndreaCesarina from 2021Location: Genoa Languages: Italian, English, Spanish
"It all started at the age of 12 with my first dish: the pennette with cream and asparagus. From here I decided to deepen this passion by obtaining the Hotel School and subsequently attending various private courses. I follow recipes handed down by my grandmothers, all strictly Genoese and/ or Ligurian. I live in Sestri Ponente, in the province of Genoa, where I can quickly reach the sea, but also the mountains. I welcome my guests in the room of my home and I like to customize and decorate the table according to the event."