Cooking class followed by lunch or dinner with the recipes prepared during the class.
- Chard cake
- Pansotti with knobs sauce
- Canestrelli (typical biscuits from Liguria)
During this cooking class you will learn how to prepare 3 recipes: an appetizer typical of my area, Chard Pie, a first course of fresh pasta, and Canestrelli, sweets typical of Liguria.
Under my guidance you will learn how to make the dough, roll out the puff pastry and prepare a fresh pasta following my family's recipes, with a filling of local herbs and ricotta cheese. We will use the old family mortar to make a traditional sauce with walnuts, garlic and cream. Dulcis in fundo we will make the typical flower-shaped Canestrelli cookies with simple ingredients such as butter flour sugar and egg. All that remains is to try putting your hands in the dough and savor the authenticity and simplicity of Ligurian cuisine.
- Excellent ! Daniella a été une superbe hôte, nous avons partagé beaucoup de nos cultures respectives à travers la cuisine. Un repas simplement bon 😊. Une très belle expérience que nous recommandons.
- We had a really good time! The host is a super nice person and she cooked for us delicious local dishes. My favorite was for sure the dessert Canestrelli with Zabaione. We definitely recommend it.
- Sunday September 4th 2022 in Genoa Italy was the best day on vacation in my life (and my wifes as well) We chose to do the In Home cooking class with a Cesarine, making Tiramisu and Pasta. Our Cesarine Daniella invited us into her home, gave us a tour and then explained what our day entailed. She showed us the cook books that have been in her family for quite some time and what recipes we were going to work on. We didn't use the exact recipe because each family member had their own little twist. We started with making the Tiramisu because it takes time to set. Then she showed us how to make Ravioli and Tortellini by scratch along with a butter garlic sauce and a scratch Pesto sauce. While we were waiting for the food to cook she offered us snacks purchased at the local street market the day before.Salami, Focaccia and Olives. Once we finished cooking we enjoyed our meal and dessert and chatted about our upcoming days in Italy. We highly recommend this activity to singles and couples.. A larger group might be uncomfortable in this smaller setting. We especially recommend Daniella C... You can request her when you purchase your ticket, they will send you a questionnaire and that is where you can put in your request. Chow :^)
- Daniela is a great cook and entertaning as well. We fully enjoyed the experience and recommened it to everyone.
- I’ve always wanted to learn Italian cooking with a local, and Daniela was the perfect hostess, giving an above and beyond experience! She is warm and generous and funny, and we felt so honored to be in her home, creating simply incredible fresh gnocchi, pesto, and tiramisu. Daniela made us feel instantly welcome and at home. We will always treasure this evening and the food and laughs we shared. We’re so glad we met our new friend Daniela, and look forward to when we see each other again!
€129.00 per guest
€49.50 per child
DanielaCesarina from 2021Location: Genoa Languages: Italian, Spanish, French, English
"I live in Genoa, in the Foce area where the Bisagno river flows, along which the so-called 'Besagnini' cultivated their gardens in the Middle Ages. From my home, a few steps from the historic center, you can admire the famous Forts of Genoa and Mount Fasce. My father from Emilia and my mother from Tuscany gave me the passion for good food with simple recipes. I love sharing gastronomic experiences with friends and family."