Food Tour: discover the best places where to taste the finest local food & wine
Immerse yourself in my kitchen in the heart of Venice to take part in an exciting cooking course, where you will learn how to cook traditional Italian recipes, focusing on fresh pasta.
Beforehand, we will discover the flavors and colors of Venice with a market tour: fresh fish, seafood, local fruits and vegetables. Then, we will learn together how to make two typical fresh pasta shapes - farfalle and bigoli - and finish with a classic icon of Italian cuisine, tiramisù. I will reveal to you the secrets of my family's recipe that has been passed down through generations, to make a perfect tiramisù. All of this will take place in my family home in the center of Venice, dating back to the sixteenth century.
- I would like to thank Giulia for welcoming me into her home fir the most Amazing cooking experience! She explained everything & more ! We were Hands on with 2 Pastas (different ways) & Tiramisu ❤️ and ate our creations 😁 I cannot wait to try her recipes when I get home! Go spend the afternoon with Giulia you will not regret it! Grazie Mille Giulia ❤️
- We spent a great day learning and cooking with Giulia. Creating pasta and the fillings. Traditional Tiramisu. A small group of only 3 in our case. We would both well recommend this experience. A good few hours of learning and creating, then eating and drinking.
- We had the best time with Giulia and Silvia. The experience we had cooking and laughing was the highlight of our entire Europe trip. It was very special to be envited into a local Venetian home. We can't wait to get home and cook pasta!
- Giulia created a wonderful experience for our group. The recipes were easy to follow and I believe I will be able to reproduce at home. I love that she showed us how to make coffee in a Moka pot. Now I can bring this home as well. She was welcoming and accommodating. She followed up by sending us pictures of our class and recipes. I highly recommend Giulia and hope there will be an occasion to meet again.
- Guliana was a wonderful host. I felt very comfortable in her beautiful home. The recipes are very easy to follow at home. I would highly recommend this experience
€189.00 per guest
€94.50 per child
WhereYou’ll receive the exact address after the booking
GiuliaCesarina from 2018Location: Venice Languages: English and Italian
Venice is a unique place: floating on a lagoon with a network of thousands of canals. Rich in history and culinary tradition, it is a city of art, forged from different pasts and cultures, with profound ties to both the land and the sea. The ancient city is also home our Cesarina, Giulia. Her cooking reflects her regional and family traditions made even more unique by a modern twist with her passion and expertise in local and seasonal ingredients. Giulia: "For me cooking is not a journey through youth but rather onwards into maturity. My childhood was spent in my grandmothers’ kitchens with the aromas and flavours of two different Italian cultures; Born in Turin with mother from Mantua and a Venetian father, I grew up around my grandmother in Mantua, with the scent of pumpkin, rolling homemade pasta, and in Venice with the sharing culture of Cicchetti (aperitivo finger food). Polenta, however, was common to both regions although in Mantua it had a yellow tinge and stark white colour in Venice".