Ciao da Antonella!
"Ho sempre ritenuto l'ospitalità qualcosa d'importante, una fonte di crescita e sviluppo personale, attraverso lo scambio culturale che può passare anche tramite il cibo. Ho sempre amato cucinare, sin dalla mia adolescenza, qui nella mia casa, all'interno di un palazzo di metà '800 nel centro storico di Catania, città che con la bellezza del suo barocco, il suo clima, il suo terreno lavico dona ai prodotti un gran sapore."
Le mie specialità
- Pasta alla norma
- Involtini di pesce spada
- Antonella is such a wonderful woman and cook! She welcomed me and my 12 year old son into her beautiful home in Catalina. She was very accommodating and thoughtful. She had an entire meal planned and smartly prepped some of the things that would take the longest (drying eggplant and frying it). We made busiati pasta and a long Sicilian macaroni pasta. We also made some amazing roasted red pepper/olive appetizer and a pecceriono onion appetizer (using olive oil from her brother’s trees!) The pasta we sauced two ways: a tomato sauce and a pesto (made with almonds, basil, cherry tomatoes, garlic, etc). Both were excellent. It was exchanging stories and learning about her culture.
- Had a private class with Antonella and she made us feel like part of the family. Exceptional food and learned a few tricks. Her house itself is like a museum.
- Antonella was so gracious and full of knowledge about Catania and Sicilian food. We made delicious pasta and she accommodated our veganness with grace and creative dishes that typified Sicilian cuisine. We would highly recommend this experience with Antonella in her beautiful home!
- Antonella is a wonderful host! We enjoyed it very much learning to make pasta. The dinner with her family was Perfect and so nice! Grazie mille!
- An absolute outstanding experience. Antonella was patient and an amazing host. The food came out great and we enjoyed every minute
Karen & Johnny - agosto 2023
Great Experience - maggio 2023
Jonah - maggio 2023
Regina Freuer - marzo 2023
Dani Levy - gennaio 2023