Local market tour, hands-on cooking class followed by lunch or dinner with the recipes prepared during the class.
- Focaccia and prosciutto, bruschetta
- Pappa al pomodoro
- Tiramisù (a chilled dessert made with coffee, lady fingers and mascarpone cheese)
Join me on a journey through the vibrant local market in Florence, where we will explore the fresh produce and ingredients that inspire the authentic Tuscan cuisine. As we stroll through the market, I'll share with you my knowledge about selecting the best quality ingredients and how to distinguish the seasonal ones.
After the market tour, we'll head to the kitchen for a hands-on cooking class, where we'll prepare a delicious 3-course meal featuring traditional Tuscan recipes. You'll learn how to make a classic Italian starter, fresh homemade pasta, and a delightful dessert. Finally, we'll indulge in the fruits of our labor as we sit down to enjoy a 3-course menu with the dishes we've created during the class, accompanied by a selection of local wines and aperitifs.
- We had the most fantastic experience cooking with Cecelia in her beautiful home. The whole evening was educational and authentic. Our boys ages 11,11, & 13 also loved learning how to cook like a real Italian and eat the fruits of their labor. We booked the experience last minute and we were so glad we did. Make sure you cook with Cecelia while you are in Florence, it’s better than any meal at a restaurant.
- My family and I had a fabulous time with Cecilia! Her home was beautiful and welcoming. The recipes and food were delicious and fun. She taught us her secret recipe, best on the planet, tiramisu!! We could not recommend Cecelia more!!! Book with her…you will not regret it!
- Our cooking lesson with Cecilia will be one of our fondest memories of our trip to Florence. We learned new techniques, had an amazing meal and truly enjoyed Cecilia’s warm hospitality. A wonderful experience!
- Cecilia was a wonderful host to me and my wife. We felt right at home with her! We made tiramisu, ravioli, and fettuccini noodles all from scratch. We had a great meal with a great bottle of wine in Cecilia’s home. We would highly recommend!
- This was my second class with Cecelia -- the first was three years ago and it was so wonderful that, when I knew I would be returning to Florence this week with 2 friends, I had to book another class with Cecilia! She has a wonderful home overlooking Florence and a very functional and well-designed kitchen. Her recipes are genuinely Tuscan, as she is a native, and are wonderful -- and not too complicated to prepare on one's own at home. She is as charming as her food is delicious and she was very flexible with our needs and easy to work with. If you are going to have a cooking class experience in Florence, there is no one better to do it with than Cecilia. Even experienced cooks will learn a lot from her!
€189.00 per guest
€94.50 per child
CeciliaCesarina from 2018Location: Florence Languages: Italian and English
At the top end of a road just outside the historic center of Florence, across from the park of the Stibbert Museum, our Cesarina opens the doors to her home from with a splendid view of the city. “Cooking amuses me and always puts me in a good mood. I’m constantly on the lookout for the perfect recipe, and when I find it I guard it as though it was a treasure chest!”. Cecilia’s is a simple, but unquestionably tasty cuisine: “I like inviting friends home, without any formalities, offering them the best I can”.