Private market tour, hands-on cooking class with 3 recipes followed by a 3-course menu with the recipes prepared during the class.
- Bruschetta tomatoes, fresh onions, capers and dry ricotta cheese
- Ravioli ala Artusi
The Sant'Ambrogio market is the oldest food market in Florence and the one where locals continue to shop.
It is an authentic and interesting market where King Charles spent an entire morning when he was still a prince. Filled with local vegetables, meat and fish, it is a great place to start our class by buying some fresh ingredients and exploring the most interesting stalls.
After the market, we will walk to my house and start our cooking class. We will prepare, depending on the season, fried flowers or a bruschetta with seasonal ingredients, homemade ravioli and a dessert.
- Carlo was a fantastic host. Our goal in taking his class was to experience the real Italy, to get a sense of what it would be like to live there and enjoy delicious, home cooked meals. Carlo delivered on all fronts. His pasta is truly outstanding, and conversation is equally as enjoyable. We really appreciated how at home he made us feel, and how precise he was about his cooking. We are experienced home cooks and still learned so much. Thank you again, Carlo, for a wonderful evening of good wine, good food, and good conversation.
- We had an amazing time cooking with Carlo. It was great to experience an authentic meal in his beautiful home. He taught us how to make the best tiramisu we’ve ever had. Carlo was so knowledgeable and you can tell puts a lot of love into his cooking. Book the class, it will be a memory we will never forget. Thank you Carlo!
- I was like so much my class about pasta and tiramissu with chef Carlo. He is very carismatic and receptive, explaing aboute italian food culture and use technics, ingredients and Mode of preparing italian food in your house. Anyway, it's excelent experience for you will know about more culture and gastronomy italian. Thanks you so much for today. See you
- Carlo was a wonderful host, very kind and welcoming to his guests. He spoke impeccable English and was patient and thorough with his explanations of the pasta making process and also the history of the dishes we prepared. The location was easy to find and our host also provided excellent directions on how to walk back to our hotel. We had an amazing night and highly recommend you book with Carlo for an authentic Italian cooking experience! 10/10 A+ fabulous wonderful would book again
- Carlo exceeded our expectations and was the perfect instructor and host today. He was a wealth of culinary knowledge and a gentleman to us. Our only regret is that we had to say goodbye to this wonderful man.
KK - December 2023
Farah - November 2023
Jéssica Rausch - November 2023
Michael M (USA) - October 2023
Joseph Albano and Lynne Albano - October 2023