Dining experience: take a seat and enjoy an authentic Italian meal with a local Cesarina
My family and I have lived in Bari for 27 years but our roots are from Lecce. Although Bari and Lecce are in the same region with a distance of 200 km the traditional dishes change. So I am waiting for you in my home with fresh pasta, vegetables, sweet tasting, fine local wines and many other delicacies !
- Juanita was a joy as a teacher and had a contagious zeal for traditional Italian cuisine.
- INCREDIBLE!!! very unique experience. she's warm, welcoming, knowledgeable. We learned so much and had a great time
- Juanita was an excellent host and chef. The class was fun and very informative we made a number of treats and then she prepared them all in her own sauces to try - much more than I expected - I would highly recommend this tour
- Piacevole sorpresa! Juanita con la sua dolcezza e eleganza ci ha accolte nella sua bellissima casa, con dedizione si è presa cura di tutte noi!!! Pranzo ottimo!
- È stata un'esperienza meravigliosa! Grazie soprattutto alla signora Juanita che ci ha accolte in casa sua e ci ha fatte sentire a casa nostra! Noi abbiamo festeggiato un addio al nubilato e alla nostra sposina è piaciuto tantissimo, come a tutte le altre partecipanti! Un grazie speciale alla carissima Juanita 💖
Brenda - January 2024
Eric - November 2023
Kim - September 2023
Addio al nubilato - June 2023
Rosamaria - June 2023
€140.00 per guest
(€70.00 per child)
You’ll receive the exact address after the booking
JuanitaCesarina from 2018Location: Bari Languages: Italian and English
The city of Bari is a fascinating discovery. The city’s two “faces” consist of the elegant murattiano neighborhood (the modern district) and the old city of Bari, nestled on the Adriatic Sea. Bari is a sun-filled city, full of historical and gastronomic traditions. Here, you can explore the narrow streets of the old city, guided by the scent of Friselle (a dry and crunchy twice-baked bread), fresh olive oil and sun-ripened tomatoes, or watch mesmerized as the local massaie (homemakers) work intently at the art of folding orecchiette, which is not just a pasta, but a gastronomic religion. The flavors and aromas of Bari’s cuisine take us to the home of our Cesarina, Juanita, who inherited her passion for the culinary arts from her grandmother Matilda, queen of the kitchen. Her name - Juanita - can be misleading; however, she really is of Puglia origins. This is made apparent just by sitting at her table, a table full of dishes linked to the local traditions, typical orecchiette con rape (rapini or broccoli raab with pasta), il polpo alla pignata (stewed octopus) or cavatelli con le cozze (pasta with mussels), and of course taralli (a dry and crunchy bread twist) that accompany every dish.