Hi from Barbara!
Cesarina Barbara welcomes you into her home with open arms. This breathtaking house is situated in the perfect location, right in the city centre, but sheltered from the hustle and bustle of the tourist hotspots. At her dinner table, you will be guided through the most evocative culinary traditions of the lagoon. “Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve loved learning how to cook. I learned from my grandmother, who prepared traditional Venetian dishes with infinite wisdom: in fact, my grandparents ran a restaurant for many years, so I have always lived and breathed for making guests feel welcome. I love cooking for my friends and family, and over the years I’ve specialised in Venetian dishes, as they are so varied and full of flavour, a true expression of Venice’s precious and rich history.”Immerse yourself in the captivating atmosphere of the most famous canals in the world, where you will enjoy a timeless selection of traditional dishes. Only a magical city like Venice can promise such a special experience.
- Crostini topped with salt cod mousse
- Seafood risotto
- Grilled cuttlefish
- My husband and I had a great time making / eating our pasta and tiramisu ! I never knew making pasta was so easy. I would definitely do this again.
- Our cooking class with Barbara was the highlight of our time in Venice! It was wonderful! She took us to the market for ingredients, then we stopped for a quick drink before she welcomed us into her home. Her home is lovely! It's a very warm, cozy and inviting space. Barbara gave us a choice in what we cooked. She showed us how to make tortellini by hand. We also made ricotta gnocchi and tiramisu. Then after we prepped all the food, she had set a lovely table and proceeded to serve us a beautiful meal. I would definitely take another class with Barbara again! Highly recommend.
- Absolutely wonderful experience! Barbara was a phenomenal hostess and teacher. Highly recommend to anyone wanting an authentic, Venetian food experience.
- My daughter’s and I took a cooking class with Barbara in October 2023. It was a wonderful experience. We made pasta and tiramisu that was absolutely delicious. Barbara is a master in the kitchen. She was friendly, hospitable and humorous. I would definitely recommend this class
- We are newly weds who came to Italy on our honeymoon & booked a last minute class the last night of our trip … what an ending !!! Not only did Barbara teach with such patience & expertise, she was also just a one of a kind human being ! From the very beginning she made each moment so special and this will for sure be a memory that my husband and I will carry through out our lives. We left having learnt how to make some yummy pasta but we also left with a new friend, Barbara ! We cannot thank you enough for EVERYTHING!!!
Kristen - January 2024
Chris and Becky - January 2024
Eric Watson-Urban - December 2023
Debra - December 2023
Chiara & Brian - December 2023