Hi from Cinzia!
"Our cuisine is inspired by the most ancient Sicilian recipes, using the products available according to season and the preserves prepared according to the recipes of the ancient Sicilian housewives. Our main dishes are: seasoned risotto with seafood, pasta with swordfish roe, homemade gnocchi with truffles; baked swordfish wheel, baked anchovy rolls, red tuna salad with potatoes, stuffed squid, tuna with onion, cuttlefish with Etna bianco; fried donuts with Sicilian creams of pistachio, almond and hazelnut, cannoli with ricotta and many other delicacies".
- Risotto seasoned with seafood
- Baked swordfish wheel
- Red tuna salad with potatoes
- Had a great time with Cinzia Abate and her family. Made us feel like part of the family. The food was delicious as well. Thank you for the great time
- We’ve had an amazing experience. It was so lovely and really felt as we were visiting a family member. The food was delicious. Cinzia was super friendly and a wonderful host.
- Cinzia was a lovely and very welcoming host. She made sure we felt at home in her home. The cooking class was so relaxed and she explained it all in simple steps, that it was nearly impossible to go wrong. She also told us some funny personal stories and let us taste some sicilian specialities. We (3 friends) would absolutely recommend her as a hostess. We left her home with a warm feeling and especially with a full stomach.
- We had a fantastic time exploring the market with Maurizio and then preparing a delicious meal with him and Cinzia. They are both so friendly, warm and passionate about the region and its cuisine - this was a truly memorable experience and our time in their lovely home is something we will treasure as our highlight of the entire holiday. We started with making a tasty and fresh bruschetta with tomatoes and basil we picked from the market; then prepared homemade pasta with mussels and squid (our first time making pasta by hand) with ingredients fresh from the fishmonger that day. We also enjoyed tender pork in a delicious sweet onion sauce, alongside roast potatoes and a special dish of friarielli with cheese. To finish, we relaxed at the table while Cinzia showed us how to make a beautiful but simple cheesecake-style dessert using biscuits, creamy fresh ricotta, cinnamon, icing sugar and brandy. All of this accompanied by local wines and lots of chat and stories about Sicilian food and culture. Maurizio even shared some of his first class local products (such as antipasto mushrooms and aubergine; and a gorgeous sweet pistacchio cream) which he sells and exports. We had a brilliant day and felt a warm welcome from new friends. A highly recommended experience for anyone wanting to spend time among convivial, generous hosts :-)
- What an amazing and unique experience! Cinzia and Mauritzio were so lovely and welcoming. They prepared a wide variety of traditional Sicilian dishes and were very generous with the portion sizes as well as with the drinks. And best of all everything tasted sooo delicious :). We will keep this evening in our memories for sure and can absolutely recommend these two. Thanks again for the lovely evening.
Scott W. - August 2023
Kat - January 2023
J Cheuk - January 2023
Ben and Kaya - October 2022
Katharina & Jonas - October 2022