Hi from Patrizia!
"My life is tied to the lake, this is where I have my roots and where I’m fine. I am a painter, my work allows me to manage time and the kitchen is for me my second workshop, where I can easily create dishes instead of paintings. My two children, now grown up and my husband were those who made me practice and love cooking. Hosting friends during the summer in the garden was an opportunity to understand that receiving guests is a pleasure and a personal enrichment. The ingredients of my recipes are all genuine, from local producers: honey, cheese, fish, directly from the fisherman in Dervio, and vegetables from my garden that my husband cares with passion for many years. Our house is a bit like the houses of the past, the fireplace and the stove allow us to warm up and cook with wood, and I must say that the result of the dishes cooked on the wood stove is very good. Also in the garden we have a kitchen and, in summer, we prepare, cook and always eat outdoors."
- Salmon trout and vegetables from the garden
- Fried polenta and luganeghetta (sausage)
- White Pizzoccheri of Val Chiavenna
- We are traveling through Italy celebrating our 50th Anniversary and wanted to book a Cooking Class and we are so glad that we did. This was one of the Highlights of our Vacation. Patrizia & Luca welcomed us into their Beautiful Home like we were Family. We made Tortellini, Tagliatelle and Tiramisu. After we made the Pasta, Patrizia cooked everything and it was amazing. We sat down like Family and had Dinner of what we made and Many Bottles of Wine. We had Great conversations with Patrizia & Luca and learned a lot about Italian Culture. There was also a very Nice Couple from Chicago celebrating their 1 Year Anniversary. I cannot stress enough how you should Try this with Patrizia & Luca. It is a once in a lifetime experience. Thank you Patrizia & Luca for a Memorable Evening.
- Patricia is a fantastic cook and teacher. This was a wonderful and fun experience. I will use her reicies again. I highly recommend Patrizia’s class. .
- Patrizia and Luca were wonderful hosts! Patrizia was a kind caring instructor and helped us every step of the way. She and Luca were so warm and welcoming with their beautiful home. We ate our meal outside in their beautiful garden with the most amazing view! The other couples were so nice and fun also which made for an unforgettable evening! I can't recommend this event enough! You will not be disappointed. Definitely one of the highlights of our trip to Italy.
- Our time with Patrizia was remarkable; surely a trip highlight. In addition to the food, that blossomed into perfect Italian creations, we emersed ourselves deep into an experience of rich, Italian culture. The amazing scenic view while dining was a memorable bonus!
- If you truly want an Italian experience I highly recommend doing a cooking class with Patrizia and her husband! My family was warmly welcomed and we thoroughly enjoyed their hospitality, cooking knowledge, and expertise made for a genuine Italian experience! Couldn’t ask for a more beautiful venue and view while eating our creations!! I would definitely add this activity to your Italy visit! Patrizia is the best! 🥰
Michael and Francesca - September 2023
Donna Wagner - September 2023
Victoria - September 2023
Deb P. - September 2023
Sue Carducci - September 2023