Cooking class: learn how to cook Italian recipes and taste the dishes prepared during the class
- Traditional mix appetizers
- Home made pasta
- Almond cake
In this three-hour cooking class, led by an experienced chef, you will discover the secrets of traditional cooking in La Spezia in an authentic Italian home, learn how to make handmade pasta and pair it with the freshest, seasonal ingredients!
You will be happy to take home your new culinary skills and amaze your guests!
- Our visit with Cesarina, Daniela, was amazing! We were visiting for the day from our cruise ship and Daniela made our visit to La Spezia very special and unforgettable. She and her husband Gianni (aka Georgie Clooney) were wonderful hosts and made us feel like extended family. We had delicious homemade ravioli and focaccia that was the best we ever had. The appetizer selection was more than expected with local delicacies, every bite truly delicious. We thank them both for all the hard work to make our day special and hope to visit again. We would recommend this to anyone visiting the area who wants an intimate home experience rather than larger tourist destinations.
- Our visit with Daniela and her husband was wonderful. We felt right at home as soon as we arrived. She prepared delicious bruschettas to start, then we made amazing tiramisu, early because it had to be chilled, and finally spinach stuffed ravioli. It was all complemented of course with plenty to drink. the food was only surpassed by the warmth of our experience. At the end she even drove us back to our cruise ship.
- What an absolutely wonderful time spent with welcoming host Daniela. It was a pleasure spending the day in your home, meeting Gianni and Mario, and learning about Italian cooking. The meal we prepared was delicioso! Afterwards the ride back to the cruise terminal shows the true sweetness and generosity of Daniela. All of our best to the Ganapini's, Phillip and his humans.
- We had the best most authentic cooking experience with Daniela and her family. So much good food, many laughs and memories to last forever! Thank you for welcoming us into your home.
- Lovely experience! We were warmly welcomed into her home, then taught how to make fantastic tasting local dishes. These new skills can easily be replicated at home. Great value, wonderful company, comfortable setting and amazing food. Strongly recommend this experience in your travels! Thank you for everything Daniela. You are an amazing host.
€129.00 per guest
€64.50 per child
WhereYou’ll receive the exact address after the booking
DanielaCesarina from 2018Location: La Spezia Languages: Italian and English
The city of La Spezia is located practically on the border between Liguria and Tuscany. It is the ideal starting point to visit the splendid Cinque Terre and other characteristic villages in the area, such as Lerici and Porto Venere. With the sea in front of the city and the mountains behind, it is fascinating to admire it from above from San Giorgio castle, and experience its unique flavor through its culinary offerings, which reflect a combination of land and sea, evolution and experimentation. Seated around Daniela's table, you’ll experience a procession of traditional recipes. Our Cesarina offers the classic cuisine of La Spezia, the result of the fusion of different traditions from the neighboring regions. Daniela's prepares her dishes using simple ingredients. However, once combined, they give life to both strong and delicate flavors at the same time, recipes like 'sgabei' – raised bread dough that is cut into strips, fried, stuffed with cheeses or locally cured cold cuts, 'muscoli' (mussels) in a variety of versions and, of course, an absolute must, 'pesto' (sauce made from basil).