Hi from Damiano!
I have always had a strong passion for cooking that led me first to learn simple and traditional family Sunday recipes, and then to attend the Bellagio Hotel School. A glass of good wine and an excellent dessert, which I am fond of, must never be missing from my table. I try to shop responsibly and, as much as possible, purchase local products such as eggs, vegetables, and meats from local producers. The lake fish I use in my recipes is caught directly by fisherman friends, while I personally collect mushrooms during autumn and preserve them for subsequent seasons.I live in Lomazzo, a small historical village. From my loggia, you can overlook the square of the Baroque Church of San Siro and the "Arco della Pace," where in 1286, the peace treaty between the rival cities of Como and Milan was signed. I open my home to guests who want to learn the secrets of Lombard cuisine and, why not, something about traditional Italian cuisine as well.Lomazzo, considered a working-class village due to the presence of an important cotton mill that for 200 years was the flagship of Italian manufacturing industry (now transformed into an Innovation Hub), is nestled in the Lombard countryside. It serves as a crossroads to easily reach Milan, Como, its lake, and Switzerland, both through the railway station that connects the two Lombard cities in just a few minutes and the convenient highway access.For my guests, in addition to offering them a beautiful experience, I provide free round-trip transfers from Lomazzo to Como by car (max. 4 people) or by train, both from Como (Como Lago Station/Lomazzo) and Milan (Milan Cadorna Station/Lomazzo).
- Typical appetizer (polenta, missoltini, nervetti, lake carp)
- Risotto with perch fillets
- Zuppa di cipolle
- Damiano held an excellent cooking class for me and my husband. He provided great instruction on preparing the pasta fresca and the tiramisu. The final meal was one of the best of our trip! We highly recommend this class.
- This experience was an utter delight. We had no idea the fullness of the experience that Damiano and Federico were going to share with us... utterly delightful. Such a rich and authentic experience!!
- This was so much fun and the food was AMAZING! You are very lucky if you have a chance to try Cesarines delicious cooking.
- Damiano was so kind to come and pick us up at the hotel with the slight change in plans. We had a wonderful evening, our aperitivo dishes were so tasty and flavorful. We definitely had more food than we could eat. The ingredients for the dishes were fresh, simple, rustic. We learned some new skills and also <i learned to eat anchovies. A very relaxed environment and sharing of ones home. thank you
- Absolutely wonderful. Great hosts. Really enjoyed the class, the food, and the company. Very helpful and descriptive with recommendations. Highly recommend to all!
Chaterine & Luigi - November 2023
Bill e Chandra - November 2023
Jessica - October 2023
Judith - October 2023
kristina - October 2023