Cooking class: learn how to cook Italian recipes and taste the dishes prepared during the class
- Focaccia and panzerotti with seasonal vegetables, cold cuts and local cheeses
- Strascinati (homemade pasta) with turnip tops
- Cartellate (thin pastry with honey or cooked wine) or amaretti
I await you in my ancient trullo, among the almond trees, olive trees and enchanted alleyways of Alberobello, to experience an unforgettable moment, made up of flavors and colors typical of Pugliese culinary art.
Together we learn three typical Pugliese recipes, from appetizer to dessert, and put our hands in pasta to make the striscianti, with its very special shape, evoked by its name. To finish, the Pugliese cartellate, following the family recipe, that has been passed down from generation to generation. I discovered my passion for cooking when I was only seven years old. Today I continue with love to prepare and share, with my guests, genuine and typical dishes, using the products of my land, to give quality, genuineness and sustainability in the kitchen.
- This was a wonderful afternoon with Maria. We had loads of fun and Maria was passionate about her authentic style cooking. Preparing the food in her trulli was a real experience as it felt like home. There was more than enough food prepared, cooked and eaten. Whilst we didn’t quite nail the orecchiette, they tasted superb. Maria was kind enough to also ensure that she catered for gluten free. A great experience all round
- Maria è una carissima persona con tanta sapienza della cucina pugliesa. Abbbiamo fatto tre diverse focacce, panzerotti, orecchiette e amaretti. E abbiamo parlato tanto della vita sua e della vita in un trullo. Un abbraccio a lei!!
- Maria è stata davvero accogliente e dolce, ci ha fatto vivere da veri pugliesi per la giornata. il menu era molto particolare, tutto tipico di Alberobello! una esperienza davvero speciale!
- We had a lovely experience of authentic home cooking with a generous local host speaking the international language of food in her iconic family trullo.
- Grazie Mille to Maria and Nino! Beautiful home and delicious food. It was like having dinner with my grandparents when I was a kid.
Gina - September 2023
Christina - June 2023
Assma - May 2023
Steve G - July 2023
S.Bellomo - June 2023