Hi from Rosanna!
Cesarina Rosanna welcomes us to her late nineteenth-century home located in San Salvario, Turin's central district located just a few minutes from the Porta Nuova train station near the Parco del Valentino (Valentine Park). The area is very lively both day and night thanks to the local market open during the day and the wide choice of bars, cafes and restaurants opened at night. In addition to serving good food, Rosanna loves to pay close attention to her table setting: the choice of tablecloth, dishes and glasses, rigorously chosen based on the wine she is serving. "My passion for cooking began very early and was fueled by my curiosity and focus on culinary traditions and the quality of the ingredients. Over the years, I have experimented with many dishes from the Piedmont cuisine, in addition to others, and some have even become my signature plates."
- Piedmontese mixed appetizer (cold tastings: Russian salad, salami, gardener, albese, anchovies "al verde" | hot tasting: peppers with bagna cauda, flan of thistles, green cake)
- Potato gnocchi with sausage
- Piedmont style boiled meat mixed
- Cooking with Rosanna was such a wonderful experience. It was great to learn the recipes and then to eat the delicious food in her home. We felt welcomed like we were family! Would highly recommend this experience!
- I had the pleasure of enjoying a delightful dinner at Rosanna's flat, and it truly became one of the highlights of my trip. The food was undeniably delicious, and it provided us with an authentic glimpse into the traditional Italian way of spending Sunday evenings with family. Without a doubt, we are already looking forward to returning for another wonderful experience!
- Rosanna was an amazing host! My and my sister had so much fun learning some cooking tips&trics, chatting about Italy and life, tasting amazing food and zipping wine! A top memory of our Turin trip and would definitelly recommend to anyone wishing to feel more local culture and wibe! Rosannas friend who translated was also very nice , professional and fun to talk to person! The whole experience ia 10/10 👌🥂
- Absolutely fantastic experience for our family to make tiramisu and two types of pasta with Rosanna in her home. There was an inconvenience due to the building shutting off the water for a time during our booking, but Rosanna turned into an extra special day by taking us to visit the local street market and meet her favorite farmer there. We felt lucky that this happened! Rosanna also accommodated having two vegetarians and two omnivores, plus a nut allergy. She made it all seem easy and accessible, and we can’t wait to try our hand at these recipes at home.
- It was a disaster of a beginning as I showed up promptly at 10:00 with a personal driver. No one was greeting me. I could not get inside the apartment building. We asked passers by for help, and even contacted Caesarina for help. They called and got no answer. Finally at 10:20 a nice guy from her building said he knew her and came back to tell me she was on the third floor. My husband escorted me up and a door was open. Finally I made contact with her and it ended up being a fantastic wonderful experience. The visit to the local market and butcher and bread shop was wonderful. She was very nice and had a wonderful friend Fabia translating. We made an outstanding 6 course lunch that will forever be in my memory. I would highly recommend Rosanna! Perhaps your company can give some better guidelines on how the client and cooking teacher meet at the appointed time. You will not be disappointed with this experience!!!
Keira & Kezia - August 2023
Kevin S - July 2023
Silvija - July 2023
Holly - June 2023
Ann emory - June 2023