Fiesole, the town that sits on the hill immediately above Florence. Thanks to its elevated position and its short distance from the Tuscan capital, it boasts an incomparable view of the city.
It is in this ‘hidden' town, containing beautiful Renaissance villas, avenues bordered by cypress trees, gardens and an important archaeological site that affirms the city’s ancient past, where we meet Cesarina Monia.
Monia’s home is simple and welcoming, and the dining table exudes warmth and intimacy. Her passion for cooking dates back to childhood, when her grandma Bruna encouraged her to experiment with the dishes she prepared. Her passion for the culinary arts has always accompanied her during the various stages of her life, and today has turned into a true profession.
- 'Pappa al pomodoro', 'coccoli' with local cold cuts, selection of Tuscan cheeses with homemade sauces and jams
- Homemade pasta with game sauce
- 'Peperoso del Brunelleschi' (Tuscan stew)
- Parmigiana with zucchini
- Castagnaccio, migliaccio alla Pomarancina (Tuscan sweets)
- Selection of Tuscan cheeses with homemade jams, various bruschetta, panzanella by grandma Bruna
- Tortelli with ricotta, spinach, mint and fresh tomato
- Chicken rolls with fried eggplant and mozzarella
- Vegetable flans, zucchini carpaccio
Our hosts are regularly updated on the latest hygiene and social distancing protocols, for everyone’s safety and peace of mind.
Our team of Culinary Guides are there every step of the way to provide personal assistance and tailor your unforgettable experience.
Your safety is priceless. Our payment system provides the best transaction security guarantees. Furthermore, you can cancel your booking up to 24 hours before the start time with no charges