Hi from Cristina!
Cristina welcomes us to her home in a lemon house, surrounded by greenery, in the old village of Pian dei Giullari, near the ancient home of Galileo Galilei. Our Cesarina, with passion and dedication, takes care of the vegetable garden, respecting the biological cycles of nature and using to cook her dishes only seasonal fruit and vegetables. Since she was young she has always valued the mise en place, following her mother's advice: "you can eat with your eyes too!" Over time she has learned to know and respect the ingredients and raw materials, the real protagonists of her dishes, which she cooks with passion and imagination.
- Chicken liver croutons
- Pasta and beans
- Free range farmhouse pork sausages
- Beautiful setting to learn how to make a few classic Italian dishes. Cristina was a very warm and fun host. We were able to take a few moments during the class to enjoy the first course with a glass of wine while sitting in the sun and enjoying the stunning view. It was a very laid back and fun day, plus a great way to get the Tuscan experience right outside of Florence.
- Absolutely outstanding experience. Our hosts, Cristina and Paolo were amazing. We felt so comfortable in their home and learned so much. Their home sits on a beautiful piece of property in the hills overlooking Florence just 10 minutes outside of the hustle and bustle of the city. A MUST!!!
- We had the most INCREDIBLE time with Cristina, it was absolutely the highlight of our entire two-week trip. We had a group of five friends and loved the opportunity to make different parts of the meal, while also enjoying the beautiful view while Cristina and her husband cooked other parts of the meal for us. The view from their villa is out of this world and I highly recommend you go early enough to enjoy sunset there. It was super easy to take a taxi there and back - about ~20 min from Spanish Steps. Look no further - BOOK THIS!
- Out of our 14 days in Europe for our honeymoon, this cooking class was the absolute highlight! Cristina and Paulo opened up their stunning home to us and taught us how to make the most wonderful meal. We enjoyed the evening with wonderful food, wine and the most beautiful view! We could not recommend this experience more!!
- Christina was fabulous and we had the best time both cooking and enjoying a wonderful meal in a beautiful setting!
Joe - February 2024
Lori and Mitch Green - October 2023
Katie C. - October 2023
Mallory - September 2023
Thomas R MEADOR - September 2023