Cooking class: learn how to cook Italian recipes and taste the dishes prepared during the class
- tagliatelle with meat sauce
- Tiramisù (a chilled dessert made with coffee, lady fingers and mascarpone cheese)
Rosa welcomes us in the middle of Bologna's historic center: a maze of brightly colored narrow streets, embellished by the medieval buildings and typical porticoes of the Emilian capital. Our Cesarina's house is located on a side street of Via Indipendenza, one of the city's most important streets, a short distance from Piazza Maggiore and the Two Towers.
The class includes the preparation and tasting of:
Sausage and spinach meatballs
Traditional Tagliatelle with ragout ( typical meat sauce)
I also host vegans and vegetarians, with whom I will make arrangements for a menu tailored to their needs.
- Spending time with Rosa was like cooking with a treasured friend, my partner and I loved our time with her. The market experience was informative and fun. I am not a skilled cook and I was able to easily follow Rosas instruction and that made me feel great! The food was delicious and I will now be able to make homemade pasta!! I’m so glad that we were able to have this experience.
- Our small group had such a wonderful time with Rosa. Not only was she knlowedgable of local produce and cooking, but she was welcoming and funny. We had great conversations with her and she was very personable with us. The food we made was amazing as well. She has 3 cats that are really cute and friendly. She also gave us great recommendations on where else to eat in Bologna. I would highly recommend this course with Rosa.
- Rosa was absolutely wonderful--welcoming and talented. The food was absolutely delicious and her teaching style was kind, playful and truly memorable. I recommend you take this class with all my heart!
- Rosa was incredibly welcoming and delightful to work with. The class was informative and I learned some skills that I will use forever. Even nicer was the chance to visit with Rosa. It was, hands down, the highlight of my time in Bologna. You’re really missing out if you don’t book a class with her!
- Rosa welcomed me into her home with 5 * hospitality. We had wonderful conversation, laughter and delicious food. Cooking class was informative as well as fun. I could not recommend this enough if you are in Bologna and want to do something local and different. Apartment was centrally located and very easy to find. Thank you Rosa for giving me such a lovely memory of Bologna!
€129.00 per guest
€64.50 per child
WhereYou’ll receive the exact address after the booking
RosaCesarina from 2018Location: Bologna Languages: Italian and English
You can find your way to Rosa’s delightful home through the colourful, winding streets of Bologna’s historical centre. Make sure you take the time to admire the ancient buildings and porticoes unique to this stunning city! Rosa’s apartment is just off the main shopping street, Via dell’Indipendenza, just a stone’s throw away from Piazza Maggiore and the Due Torri. Rosa is a lawyer by profession, and fills her spare time with sport and cooking. She’s lived in the city for over 45 years, and is passionate about the area’s culinary traditions. “I took a great cooking course where I learned to make fresh pasta and iconic Bolognese dishes.”