Cooking lesson: learn how to cook Italian recipes with a local Cesarina
The course takes place in a villa immersed in the green with olive trees a few steps from St. Peter's. During the course we will prepare together four typical sweets of Rome: donuts with wine, ricotta and sour cherry tart of the ghetto, tiramisu and maritozzi with cream.
Cesarine - The sweet delights of Rome
- Cristina was lovely. She graciously welcomed us to her home which is so beautiful and serene. We shared some fabulous wine while we made a number of delicious appetizers with glorious fresh ingredients. We shared stories and simply enjoyed ourselves. We will be making these recipes for our family and friends when we return home. We highly recommend Cristina.
- We did a walking food tour with Cristina. We wove through lane ways that we would never have found without her local knowledge. We tasted traditional Roman Pizza, Trapizzini (a filled focaccia triangle) and ended with gelato from the finest gelato bar in Rome. We had a great afternoon.
- in un ambiente rilassante e accogliente Cristina ci ha accompagnato con maestria e competenza attraverso i sapori tradizionali del nostro fantastico territorio. Esperienza che senz’altro suggeriremo ai ns contatti. Grazie.
- We absolutely loved our class with Cristina! My mom, sister, and I booked a class to make supplì, pasta with cacio e pepe AND amatriciana, and maritozzi. I was not sure how we could make it all in 3 hours, but Cristina is a pro! We made everything and had time to sit in her beautiful garden and enjoy it with a glass of wine. Everything was DELICIOUS and we learned so much. Cristina is a fabulous host and I would book another class with her in a heartbeat. It was one of our favorite things we did in Rome. Thank you, Cristina!
- My family enjoyed our class with Cristina and we have all agreed that it was one of our favorite activities of our visit to Rome. The lesson was well prepared and we were able to cook and eat a complete menu in record time in the warm environment of her home. We learned not only how to cook these delicious foods but traded information about our cultures. If we are lucky enough to return to Rome, another class will be one of the first things we book. It was a delightful afternoon.
Lisa - June 2023
Lisa & Jason - May 2023
Simona - May 2023
Caley Landau - May 2023
Barbara - May 2023
€129.00 per guest
€64.50 per child
WhereYou’ll receive the exact address after the booking
CristinaCesarina from 2020Location: Rome Languages: English and Italian
Cristina welcomes her guests in a villa surrounded by greenery with large outdoor spaces and large windows, where you can admire the garden and the centuries-old olive trees. A little corner of paradise not far from the center of the Eternal City. "Since my tender age I have always looked with admiration the love with which my grandmother, of Apulian origins, worked for hours in the kitchen. I still remember her hands and her aprons, often soiled with flour and the aroma of 'good things and genuine' that spread throughout the house and enveloped me in a pleasant feeling of well-being."