Cooking lesson: learn how to cook Italian recipes with a local Cesarina
Every day can be a special day, but some days are really unique! S. Valentine, your birthday , holidays in general: Halloween, Carnival - very important holiday for Rome - Easter, Christmas and so on...
Clearly in Rome and all over the world any holiday has its own special dishes!
Here we propose a funny and unusual way to live your special days: learning how cook a traditional (or your favorite) recipe, or just choosing a dinner or lunch privately in a romantic situation in a 'restaurant just for the guest that you want'!
For each holiday or special day: cooking class of a recipe, menu of 3 dishes, an aperitif. And a little tasty surprise that shouldn't be missing in a party time!
- We have been very welcome at Ofelia and her friend place. We appreciated the atmosphere, the talks and of course the cooking ! My Mam even tried the homemade pasta, by hand, old style ! The dishes were local and very good ! We enjoyed very much the time spend with them and the meal ! Plenty of success for the future !
- Ofelia was such a wonderful chef and we had a fantastic class. We really enjoyed it and can’t wait to go back and take another one of her classes.
- What a delightful gastronomical experience! Enjoyed every minute from strolling through the local markets for fresh produce, cheeses, meats and chocolatiers to learning the process of making fresh pasta and tiramisu and enjoying a meal of our efforts supplemented with wine, local cheeses and breads and all tied together with the outstanding hospitality of Olfelia and her partner Leonardo in their beautiful home. Please if you are in Rome take the time to reserve this wonderful experience.
- Nothing during our stay in Rome compared to spending time , cooking , eating with Ofelia - it was easily the highlight of our trip ! We had an opportunity to “ hang out” with Ofelia and her partner Leonardo . We learned so much about life in Rome , their early family life , and their current careers and interests . We laughed and talked for hours and of course the food was authentic, delicious and such a treat compared to the typical restaurant food we had been eating. Our 24 and 21 year old “ children “ agreed it was the best part of our trip. If you are going to Rome make a point of meeting Ofelia - it will be your best afternoon in Rome .
- We celebrated my wife's birthday cooking with Ofelia in her BEAUTIFUL apartment. We started out by walking to the local farmers market to pick out some fresh ingredients, then went back and started cooking. We quickly felt like family while learning to cook multiple local recipes. All while sipping wine and listening to music. She was so patient with us while we learned how the locals hand make these dishes. I would absolutely recommend this experience to anyone for any occasion! So much fun!
€129.00 per guest
€64.50 per child
WhereYou’ll receive the exact address after the booking
OfeliaCesarina from 2022Location: Rome Languages: Italian and English
"Hello everyone! Mine is a cuisine that starts above all from traditional family recipes. I was born in Calabria, but mine is a family branched out in cultural and consequently also culinary history. A great-grandmother of a Jewish family married to a great-grandfather an aviator American, another who abandoned dancing with the consuls for a marriage with an intellectual of peasant origins, all united with the Calabrian mountain tradition.From the branch of Jewish origins I took the great love for sweet and sour, for fermented recipes and spicy scents, from the noble branch some recipes that I discovered to be relatives of sometimes Sicilian and sometimes Neapolitan cuisine (from the Kingdom of the two Sicilies:), some that I have never happened to find in other houses. I moved to Rome almost twenty years ago to study and I stayed there, here I also assimilated some recipe books from my partner who is a Roman from Trastevere, making my own super recipes rlatives of the Roman tradition, such as the first classics or the Maritozzi, which I often personalize with fillings that bring me and my guests back to Calabria! "