Follow your Cesarina in a local market tour, challenge yourself with a hands-on cooking class and enjoy an authentic Italian meal with the recipes prepared during the class
- Aperitif with local specialties
- Tortelloni (homemade pasta) with butter and sage
- Cream with seasonal fruits
Discover with me some hidden places in the city centre! Meeting point at the Neptune fountain to start our walking tour.
We'll visit the market and buy fresh ingredients to prepare the meal at home. After the tour, we'll join my home and learn how to prepare fresh homemade pasta and a quick and tasty dessert. Last but not least... we'll enjoy the meal!
- Martina was a delightful host - so hospitable, knowledgeable and welcoming. The tour of the town and markets was a great place to start learning more about Italian cuisine and culture. She was a great teacher - very patient and encouraging. Martina was able to provide a lot of great suggestions for the remainder of my Italian itinerary! It was a brilliant experience, would highly recommend.
- Martina è stata perfetta! Solare, simpatica, gentile, accogliente e chiara nelle spiegazioni. Abbiamo trascorso una splendida mattinata, ci è sembrato di stare a casa di una amica che conosci da tanto tempo! Sicuramente torneremo a trovarla. Grazie mille di tutto!
- Martina was beyond personable and so friendly! We had so much fun making tortelloni with her and learning about food, cooking, and culture in Italy. We would absolutely recommend her to anyone who wants a private cooking experience!
- Martina was a fantastic host. She was punctual and professional in her approach, and although I didn’t have many requests, she clearly took them into account. She also gave me options throughout for the menu: there was a Plan B. There was a good balance between cooking and explaining the local food culture to me, and she gently provided guidance as needed. I really enjoyed chatting with her - she is friendly and engaging - and the meal. She also took care with the wine selection and I enjoyed one of the best wines I have had so far in a country of fantastic options. Highly recommended.
- È stata la nostra prima esperienza con le Cesarine. Martina è stata fantastica, abbiamo mangiato benissimo e tutto preparato rigorosamente con amore e passione. Abbiamo passato del tempo meraviglioso con lei, abbiamo parlato di tante cose e della sua passione per la cucina, e noi abbiamo apprezzato molto. Consiglio a tutti di provare questa esperienza con lei . Arrivederci Martina, ci vedremo sicuramente appena verrò di nuovo a Bologna. Saluti da Milano Rita e Francesco
€189.00 per guest
€94.50 per child
WhereYou’ll receive the exact address after the booking
MartinaCesarina from 2022Location: Bologna Languages: Italian, English, French
"It all started in kindergarten, I just wanted to be in the kitchen helping the cook and never in class. I grew up in a small town on the Bolognese Apennines, at my grandparents' house. From Nonna Giuliana I learned what it means to show your love for the family through the kitchen, gathering for the Sunday lunch ritual. From Rina, a special woman who I describe as 'everything I have not', I learned to welcome and take care of people naturally, at any time. When I was a child I was enchanted to observe their movements, their hands and I tried to imitate them. Knead, mix, wait and see the results. I open the doors of my home to convey what I have learned, accompanying my guests on a journey between past, present and future."