Dining experience: take a seat and enjoy an authentic Italian meal with a local Cesarina
In Florence, between the 15th and 17th centuries during the Medici family dynasty, large bonfires were lit on St. Lawrence's Day, mainly to cook vast amounts of beef, which was distributed free to the local population.
It is said that at one banquet, some English knights were present who, after tasting the meat, began to call it by its current Anglo-Saxon name: "beef steak", which became "bistecca" (steak) in Italian. You will be able to immerse yourself in a typical Florentine Sunday lunch or dinner: a traditional starter, surprise first course, steak with a side of beans or roast potatoes and radicchio salad. We will conclude everything with the classic cantuccini cookies and Vin Santo wine.
- Donatella, was an amazing host as well as a fantastic chef. We had a great evening of food, wine and conversation. We were able to experience home cooking and cuisine that you can not find in the restaurants. Her home was a great break from the restaurant life. We highly recommend Donatella for a great local experience.
- Donatella was an amazing host! We have a large family with 4 kids between 13 and 3, and she made us feel so welcome in her home. When my 3 year old starting getting bored, she gave him tasks to do to keep him occupied. The class itself was so much fun. We loved the authenticity of learning in her home, and the final results were absolutely delicious. It was one of the highlights of our trip for sure and I highly recommend Donatella
- Donatella welcomed us into her home with open arms and showed us how to make various types of pasta. She was patient and kind. Definitely an experience to remember forever!
- Had a great time learning to make Tuscan style pizzas. Yes we made several different pizzas with an incredible crust. The dessert was simple but fresh and fun to learn different ways to make it. She was inviting and informative. Like cooking with my mom in her house. Incredible experience looking forward to making pizza dough when I get home.
- Our cooking experience truly was one of our highlights on our visit to Florence. Donatella welcomed us into her home. We learned how to make several types of pasta and one delicious tiramisu. Donatella was very patient and kind. I would definitely recommend this experience to others.