Hi from Alessandra!
Sorrento, land of sirens that tempted Ulysses and home of Torquato Tasso, offers moments of poetry between secret coves, breathtaking views and tasty stops, as at home of our Cesarina Alessandra. "I love traditional cuisine and I am passionate about leavened, especially the Neapolitan pizza made with my sourdough, with which I make fragrant breads, of any kind of flour". At her table flavors of sea and land, recipes of the culinary tradition of Sorrento, fragrant and tasty.
- Pizza di scarola (made with bread dough, batavian endive, sultanas, pine nuts, anchovies and capers)
- Pasta with potatoes and provola cheese
- Broccoli and sausage
- Alessandra was a wonderful host and teacher. She was very patient with all of us (youngest 9 years old). Her translator, Peggy, was also wonderful. It was fun to do an activity that the entire family enjoyed. The food was extremely tasty. We made multiple dishes and were able to take leftovers back to our hotel to eat the next day! The location was spectacular! It was an evening of fun cooking, excellent food, and wonderful company. At the end of the dinner, Peggy even showed us a part of Sorrento that we would never have seen on our own. I feel like we now have new friends in Italy!
- My husband and I had a wonderful time!! Food and experience were very authentic. Instructions were very easy to follow and we get to make the recipes at home :) pasta recipe was our favorite! We were treated like family. Thank you Alessandra!!!
- This cooking experience far exceeded our expectations! We felt like long lost family welcomed into her beautiful home! She and her helper put us at ease…we laughed and exchanged stories, tasted grapes from her rooftop with the most amazing view, then jumped right into the cooking and explanations. She explained the cooking techniques thoroughly…not like a professor lecturing, but like you best friend helping you cook a new dish. Most of the elements we cooked came straight from her garden. She allowed us to really make things, like the dough, ravioli and more. However she had ingredients measured out and ready so everything moved along quickly. Honestly I can’t wait to show off my new skills as soon as we get home. I can’t express how PERFECT this experience was! The food was amazing! And to know that we made it was even more exciting. This was truly the highlight of our trip to Italy!
- An amazing day with Alessandra. From breakfast and a walk round the market, through the worst storm I’ve ever seen back to her house. Power cut so we started cooking by torch light. Then the power came back on, the food progressed, the wine flowed and the clouds cleared to show us the wonderful view. We really enjoyed the cooking, learning some tricks along the way, and of course the eating afterwards. Alessandra was a perfect host. What a lovely way to spend a day.
- Alessandra was amazing she scheduled a taxi service for us from our hotel to her home (about 80 euro) where we had our lesson and learned to make 3 types of pasta (she taught us how to make gnocchi in addition to the other dishes since we had extra dough!) and tiramisu she was a pleasure to learn from and be around and our glasses were never empty! We had a great time at our lesson and will definitely be back next time we are in Sorrento!
Ohio family if 6 - January 2024
Emma DiMarco - November 2023
Kim - October 2023
Douglas Robertson - October 2023
Amanda - October 2023