Hands-on cooking class with starter, pasta and dessert followed by lunch and dinner with the recipes prepared during the class
- A selection of cured meats, Parmigiano Reggiano and baked polenta
- Tagliatelle (homemade pasta) with ragù
- Caprese cake (for my Neapolitan origins)
I live just a few steps away from one of the most charming and historically rich places in Bologna, the Basilica of Santo Stefano. Here, in one of the most beloved areas of the city's historic center, both by locals and tourists, I love to reveal the secrets of my family's recipes. I'm passionate about traditional cooking and love to share it with others. In my cooking class, I'll have you try my signature dishes. We'll start with a selection of cured meats, Parmigiano Reggiano, and roasted polenta, to tell you about the qualities of Emilian products, followed by tagliatelle with ragu and Caprese cake, which traces my origins. I look forward to welcoming you into my kitchen, where we'll have the pleasure of cooking together and sharing this passion that can become yours too!
- Oriana è una donna miracolosa e una cuoca perfetta. Per quanto riguarda il cibo, la lezione più importante che ho imparato è che non è il sale a dare gusto al cibo, ma gli ingredienti freschi e di buona qualità, ma anche cucinare con piacere e gioia! Oriana, sono così felice di averti incontrata, sei meravigliosa! Propongo di fare il tiramisù nei prossimi giorni! Ho ancora un po' paura dell'impasto, ma prometto che farò anche la pasta! Ti abbraccio teneramente, Marina!💓🤗
- I booked this class with Oriana as part of a father-son Italy trip. Oriana gave us such a warm welcome into her home. We spent some time talking before diving into the pasta making class. Oriana is a very positive person and always wanted to make sure we were enjoying the experience. She also served us wine and appetizers while the dough was resting. We learned so much from Oriana and had an amazing experience. We made tagliatelle, pappardelle, and tortelloni, which we enjoyed for luch. Oriana made different sauces for each type of pasta, and everything was so delicious. This is a great way to spend a few hours to gain a deeper understanding of local Bologna food and culture, all while having a great time together and a lot of laughs. I highly recommend Oriana and look forward to taking another class with her during our next trip!
- Oriana was such a delight! My daughter and I had a great time in her lovely home learning to make the beloved dishes of Bologna.
- Oriana was amazing. This was an incredible experience and we highly recommend this program and her to all coming to Bologna.
- A truly wonderful experience!! Oriana was a gracious and knowledgeable hostess We rolled pasta, filled ravioli and whipped up taramisu. Along the way Oriana shared wine and stories with us. Just a wonderful evening with a wonderful lady!
Marina Magdalena Elena Stancu - November 2023
Ross - November 2023
Beth Humphrey - October 2023
Shal and Matt - September 2023
Bob and Alicia and family - August 2023
€129.00 per guest
(€64.50 per child)
You’ll receive the exact address after the booking
OrianaCesarina from 2018Location: Bologna Languages: Italian and English
Oriana, our Cesarina, lives within walking distance of one of the most historically rich and picturesque places in Bologna, the Basilica di Santo Stefano. Here, in one of the most beloved areas of the historic town, by both Bolognese and tourists, Oriana introduces us to her family: Salvatore, her husband, and their four children that they love to pamper by cooking them healthy meals, while passing on the family recipes. Oriana is originally from Naples, but living in Bologna, she has learned how to make sfoglia, the typical local pasta, and ragù alla Bolognese. She delights in choosing the best cuts of meat to prepare her excellent bollito, or boiled meat, and for the smallest of her daughters, a lover of tortellini, she cooks this local pasta strictly in meat broth.