Cooking lesson: learn how to cook Italian recipes with a local Cesarina
We will prepare together two traditional types of pasta from my lands Emilia and Puglia: tagliatelle, prepared with the ever-present ragout, and orecchiette with turnip tops, a simple dish, but you need to know a few little tricks, which I will reveal, to make this recipe at its best.
We will learn how to use different flours and get our hands in the dough, to take a mouth-watering culinary journey from the north to the south of Italy.
I look forward to seeing you!
Cesarine - Cooking class with an Apulian sfoglina in Bologna
- Alessandra was amazing! She welcomed us into her home with open arms, and shared her experience and passion for Italian cuisine. Alessandra is quite accomplished and took us on a wonderful journey through the dishes we made. Bravo!
- Alessandra è stata carinissima! Abbiamo fatto il tour al mercato delle erbe, molto interessante! Ci ha raccontato storie e aneddoti terminato ci ha accolto in casa sua. Abbiamo imparato a fare la pasta, preparato tortelloni alla bolognese, piada e tiramisù, il tutto delizioso. Alessandra è stata gentile e appassionata. Non vedo l'ora di fare altre esperienze culinarie con lei!
- We had a fantastic time learning how to make Tiramisu and two types of pasta! It was great to learn about the history of pasta in Bologna and around Italy more generally. The food was delicious and we learn alot! I am excited to take our new skills home!
- Alessandra C was a fabulous host and teacher. We learned a lot and best part was eating our delicious food we created! I can’t wait to get the recipes so we can make pasta when we go home.
- Alessandra was a wonderful teacher! We made Piadina, homemade pasta and tiramisu. All of the dishes were delicious, and Alessandra's patience expert guidance made it all seem much easier than we anticipated. Best of all, Alessandra was incredibly warm and welcoming. We had our class at the home of her parents and got to meet her mom, dad, and sister. Experiencing Italian cooking in a home setting was a one of a kind experience. We will never forget Alessandra's kindness and the fun that we had in cooking with her!
Bill and Felicia - July 2023
Valentina - September 2023
Gedye - September 2023
Maureen K - September 2023
BethC. - June 2023
€129.00 per guest
(€64.50 per child)
You’ll receive the exact address after the booking
AlessandraCesarina from 2018Location: Bologna Languages: Italian and English
Alessandra, our Cesarina, loves to share her passion for cooking. A passion that combines her memories of the scent of her grandmother's home, where she spent the afternoons when she was a child. In her beautiful home, Alessandra serves the traditional dishes from the Emilia region, prepared with care and attention in the search for quality staple ingredients. In some recipes you can find a small Apulian influence, as Alessandra has roots in Apulia.